Bathurst Visitor Information
Welcome to Bathurst, New South Wales
Bathurst is a city located in the Central Tablelands region of New South Wales, Australia. Known for its rich history, stunning scenery, and diverse range of activities, it is a popular destination for both local and international visitors.
Getting to Bathurst
Bathurst is easily accessible by car, with the city located approximately 200km west of Sydney. Alternatively, visitors can catch a train or bus from Sydney, with regular services running throughout the day.
There are a wide range of accommodation options available in Bathurst, catering to all budgets and requirements. From luxury hotels and apartments to caravan parks and campsites, there is something to suit every visitor.
Things to See and Do
- Discover the history of Bathurst by visiting the Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum or the Bathurst Regional Art Gallery
- Take a scenic drive on the Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit, home to the iconic Bathurst 1000
- Explore the stunning natural beauty of the region by hiking in the nearby Blue Mountains
- Visit the Bathurst Farmers Market to sample some of the region's freshest and most delicious produce
- Take a tour of the historic Abercrombie House, a grand mansion built in the 1870s
Bathurst is home to a range of fantastic events throughout the year, including the Bathurst 1000, the Bathurst Winter Festival, and the Bathurst Agricultural Show.
Bathurst is best explored by car, with plenty of parking available throughout the city. Alternatively, there are a range of affordable taxi and bus services available.
Bathurst enjoys a temperate climate, with mild to warm temperatures throughout most of the year. Summers can be hot and dry, while winters tend to be cool and crisp.
Whether you're interested in history, nature, or simply enjoying the unique culture of this charming city, Bathurst is a destination not to be missed. Plan your visit now, and discover all that this wonderful region has to offer.